We prioritize the youngest students who move to their new places of study first. After that, we allocate homes according to the application date.
It is perfectly fine if it turns out that you are not going to study at the accommodation you have been given anyway. We will cancel your contract, as long as you notify us by the 23rd of July.
You can apply for student accommodation all year round. For the rest of the year we allocate accommodations as we get vacancy.
These rules regulate the allocation of accommodation units owned and run by the Student Welfare Organization at Vestlandet, hereinafter referred to as Sammen/Sammen Housing. They are a supplement to the Tenancy Agreement. The Director of Sammen Housing or other duly authorised representative may grant dispensation from these rules in favour of the tenants.
1. Eligible applicants are students at the Academic Institutions affiliated to Sammen, and who have paid the semester fee. Students planning to study at the Academic Institutions affiliated to Sammen may also apply.
2. Students attending other Academic Institutions or PhD students who do not pay the semester fee may also apply. They will have lower priority than eligible students. Such applicants will be charged a higher rate of rent, and the period of residency is restricted to 31.07.
3. Students applying to Sammen for accommodation must be at least 18 years of age.
4. Single rooms and bachelor flats are intended for students who live on their own.
5. Apartments are intended for students living alone or couples without children.
6. Family apartments are reserved for families with children/expecting children.
7. Applicants who have previously been evicted under section 13 of the Tenancy Agreement are not eligible for accommodation.
8. If the applicant has terminated an earlier Tenancy Agreement, no further offers of accommodation will be granted before the minimum period of one semester has passed.
1. Application deadline for the main allocation is the 15th of May. Cf. section 6.
2. Outside the main allocation, offers of accommodation are granted on an on-going basis whenever units are available. Cf. section 7.
1. Applicants have a duty to give correct and full information in all matters of relevance to the application process. Documentation must be submitted when moving in.
2. Applicants may be prioritized on the grounds of documented medical circumstances. Documentation must be submitted when applying.
3. If the applicant provides significant false information in his/her application or at a later stage, the Tenancy Agreement may be considered null and void and the tenancy may be revoked.
1. The period of residence in one of Sammen’s housing estates can never exceed: a) the standard duration of the course, or b) 5 years
2. It is possible to apply for an extension of the period of residence beyond a) and b) should a student temporarily discontinue his/her course due to illness or for other reasons.
1. Tenants applying for renewal of their Tenancy Agreement provided the tenancy conditions are still fulfilled.
2. International students having reserved a room according to the agreement between Sammen and the Academic Institutions.
3. The youngest students with permanent residence outside the postcode area of the place of study.
Students who have been allocated a kindergarten place at Sammen will be prioritized. The ranking of applicants with equal priority will be decided by drawing lots.
1. Allocations are made on an on-going basis to applicants whose priority is decided by the date of their application. Students who have been allocated a kindergarten place at Sammen will be prioritized for family student housing.
2. The ranking of applicants with equal priority is decided by drawing lots.
Applications are prioritized according to the date of their application and grounds for applying.
If an accommodation application is turned down, applicants have the right to appeal to the Director of Sammen Housing. The grounds for appeal must be set out and all certificates and documentation must be enclosed. The appeal must be submitted to Sammen Housing no later than 14 – fourteen – days after receiving the rejection.
Everyone working with applications submitted under these regulations are subject to a duty of confidentiality with regard to any private matters about which they may acquire knowledge through their work.
The Board of Sammen may amend these regulations on its own proposal or at the recommendation of the Director of Sammen.
These rules will come into force on 01.01.20120, replacing previous Allocation Rules.